Katy Pest Control
Termite, Mosquito & Rodent Control in Katy & Surrounding Areas
Katy, TX is one of the largest cities in the Houston area, and it continues to grow. The rapid population growth in the Katy area has brought more homes, businesses, and residents. But those residents aren’t just humans and their pets.
Pests love to go where the people are, and there sure are a lot of them in Katy. Shopping centers, residential areas, and parks are just some of the perfect places for pests, especially in the summer.
Mosquitos will keep you swatting all day as they will be turning any standing water they can find into breeding grounds. Without proper care, your own backyard could become a new home for the buzzing bothers.
Pests like cockroaches and mice also become a problem, but they are invasive. Looking to beat the heat, insects, and rodents will make their way inside your homes and businesses throughout the summer. Once they get indoors, they can quickly reproduce and create a colony if they aren’t taken care of by expert pest control.
Common Pests in Katy, TX
While Katy residents tend to experience issues to varying degrees with all the pests that can be found in the Houston area, there are specific pests in the Katy area that are more prevalent, namely fire ants, spiders, and cockroaches. Not only does each come with their own host of issues, but each one also requires a slightly different method to deal with and eliminate them, and there is simply no permanent do-it-yourself (DIY) solution that will help you get rid of this pest problem yourself.
Fire ants may look just like other ants to the untrained eye. But these little pests don’t behave like other ants, as they’re quite vicious. If their mound gets disturbed, they immediately swarm, climb, and start attacking. If you have ever been bitten by a fire ant, you know how painful their bite can be. After all, they were given the name “fire ants” because their bite is akin to pressing a lit match to your bare skin. Their sting causes red hive-like lesions that burn and itch. If you’re unlucky enough to step on their mound, be wary. Multiple bites from an angry colony can cause a severe reaction in anyone, even if you are not allergic.
Texas, in general, is home to a large number of spiders. Although there are some venomous spiders in the Katy area, most are non-venomous and therefore pose no threat to you, your loved ones, or your pets. Though either way, no one likes finding spiders in their homes, including our own Katy pest control technicians.
Spiders find their way into your home in search of food, so if you’ve started to see some spiders inside, we can guarantee you that there are other pests in your home that you simply have not spotted as of yet.
Cockroaches are filthy pests and they carry a number of bacteria, including some very serious illnesses. But despite what a lot of Katy residents appear to think, cockroaches don’t just seek out the dirtiest houses on the block. While keeping a clean, uncluttered home will help reduce your home’s appeal to cockroaches, there are countless things in your home that can appeal to cockroaches. For example, your pet’s water bowl isn’t just a great source of water for your pets; they’re a great source of water for cockroaches as well, and like us, cockroaches need water to survive. Cockroaches also eat a number of things that you wouldn’t think of, such as cardboard, soap, and even human hair.
While fire ants, spiders, and cockroaches are the pests you are most likely to see in the Katy area, Texas is home to a number of different pests that you may run across in your own home. Don’t succumb to living with these insects and pests. Call the pest control experts. We will get rid of them for you and create a barrier around your home to keep them out of your house!
Signs You Need Rodent Control
1. Sounds at night - As both rats and mice are nocturnal they will be looking for food and water sources throughout the night and may cause a noisy ruckus in their search.
2. Footprints - Depending on the size of the print, you can distinguish if you're dealing with a rat or a mouse. A rat will have a foot almost an inch in diameter while a mouse has a foot about a quarter inch long. You may also see tail prints and should note them to our Katy rodent control experts upon their arrival.
3. New holes in screens or trash cans - Especially as the winter drags on, rodents may become increasingly desperate in their search for food and water and may chew through whatever they can. Rats have bigger teeth and are more able to chewing through tough materials.
4. Daytime sightings - While rats and mice hunt at night time, if you see them outside during the night you're likely okay as it's just their hunting route. But if you see them during the day call in our Katy rodent control experts because they're likely nesting in or around your home.
5. Signs of a nest - Rodents usually like to nest in small enclosed areas and might use insulation or collected fabric for additional cushioning.
The Preventive Pest Difference
Preventive Pest Control is fully equipped to take on any type of pest control job, whether it be to inspect, prevent or remove pests. We even offer a free inspection to make sure that you can rest easy knowing that your potential pest problem is in the right hands.
If you're in need of our Katy pest control services, contact us online today to get started today.