Preventative Termite Solutions For Your Home or Business
Termites are a nightmare for homeowners, destroying structures and leaving a hefty repair bill in their wake. Our team at Preventive Pest Solutions is dedicated to helping you avoid that fate.
We offer effective and reliable termite control in Katy and the surrounding areas, using the latest technology and techniques to keep your property safe.
Termites are a silent threat. The damage they do to your home often goes unnoticed until it is too late. If you want to prevent major structural damage to your property, it is important to know the signs of a termite infestation. Some of the most common signs of a termite problem include:
- Hollow-sounding wood
- Warped or cracked wood
- Mud tubes or tunnels
- Damaged or hollow-sounding wood
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped
- Small holes or tunnels
- Wings or frass
Additionally, termites cause damage by producing a lot of saliva when they eat. This saliva is what helps them break down wood. You may notice a lot of saliva on your wood, or it may appear as white dust. This dust is actually the feces of the termite.
How Can You Prevent Termite Infestations?
Preventing termite infestations involves a combination of proactive measures to make your property less attractive to termites and regular inspections to catch any potential issues early.
Here are some effective strategies for termite prevention:
- Maintain Proper Ventilation: Ensure good ventilation in crawl spaces and attics to reduce moisture, as termites are attracted to damp environments.
- Address Moisture Issues: Fix any leaks in plumbing or roof structures promptly to prevent the accumulation of moisture, which attracts termites.
- Keep Wood Away from the Foundation: Avoid direct wood-to-soil contact around the foundation of your home. Keep firewood, wooden mulch, and other cellulose materials away from the house.
- Use Termite-Resistant Materials: When building or renovating, consider using termite-resistant materials such as pressure-treated wood or naturally resistant woods like cedar and redwood.
- Regular Inspections: Conduct regular inspections of your property, especially in vulnerable areas like basements, crawl spaces, and around the foundation. Look for signs of termite activity, such as mud tubes, damaged wood, or discarded wings.
- Seal Entry Points: Seal any cracks or openings in the foundation, walls, and roof to prevent termites from gaining easy access to the structure.
- Install Physical Barriers: Use physical barriers such as metal mesh or sand barriers during construction to prevent termites from entering the structure.
- Remove Termite Attractants: Remove dead trees, stumps, and other cellulose debris from around your property, as these can attract termites.
- Professional Pest Control Services: Consider hiring professional pest control services for regular inspections and preventive treatments. Professionals can provide expertise and apply termiticides or bait systems if needed.
- Bait Stations: Install termite bait stations around the perimeter of your property. These can attract termites away from the structure and provide an opportunity for control measures.
- Monitor Wooden Structures: Regularly inspect wooden structures for signs of termite activity. Pay attention to areas with high moisture content, such as basements and crawl spaces.
- Educate Yourself: Learn about the types of termites in your region, their behavior, and the signs of infestation. This knowledge can help you identify potential issues early.
By combining these preventive measures, you can significantly reduce the risk of termite infestations and protect your property from potential damage. Regular vigilance and timely action are key components of effective termite prevention.
No two termite infestations are the same, and each requires a unique treatment plan. We start by performing an inspection of your property to determine the type of termite present and the extent of the infestation. This inspection is free, and it is the first step in creating a customized plan of action to eliminate your termite problem. We also offer a free inspection to help you determine if your property is in a high-risk area. If so, you may be eligible for a free termite inspection and treatment.
Preventative Pest Solutions offers three types of termite control treatments to fit your needs:
- Liquid treatments are applied to your property to target and eliminate subterranean termites. These treatments are applied to the soil around your home and are effective in treating termite infestations.
- Baiting is a non-toxic way to eliminate termites. We place bait stations around your property to attract and kill the colony. This treatment is effective for both drywood and subterranean termites.
- Trench treatments are used to treat active termite infestations. A trench is dug around your property to reach the mud tubes that termites use to travel from their colony to your property. The trench is then treated with a chemical to kill the termites and destroy the mud tubes.
Enjoy Your Yard Even More by Getting Rid of the Fire Ants with the Industry-Leading Products.Cannot be combined with any other offers Print
Start protecting your home for as little as $59 when you purchase one of our mosquito protection plans.Does not include mosquito misting systems Print
Valid only with the purchase of a Service Program. Cleanouts starting at $125.Print
"The service was very professional and the technician was on time responsive to every question that I ask. And the phone service put me at ease and very patient with my questions and concerns I knew I had made the right choice"Myranda G.
"I absolutely love this company. As a new member & proud subscriber, I was very impressed. Mr. Cordell & the sweet staff ladies (I can’t remember their names), were so nice to me. I will continue getting their services. They made my new home much safer for me & my daughter to treat the pest. Again thank you all so much for all you do."Tiara H.
"Have used this company for more than 10 years. Always very responsive and accommodating to scheduling service based on availability. Company offers follow up spot treatment if issues occur between services at no charge."Jay T.
"I highly recommend Preventative Pest Control for all your pest control needs. Not only do they treat my home quarterly but they also rodent-proofed our home. Any concerns, they are “johnny on the spot”!! Excellent service in the most professional manner....from the office to the techs that come out to my home. You will not be disappointed."Kay G.
"We have been faithful customer's for many years in 2 different homes in The Woodlands. The guys were always professional and left service cards at the door. When we moved to the last home in 2014, we had a major cutter ant issue!! They appeared out of nowhere and were destroying everything in sight! I called the office in a panic and the gal got someone out the very next day. He not only took care of all the beds, he followed the ant trail all the way to the back of the preserve and knocked those suckers out! We now live in Denver, Colorado. I was so pleased to find a locally owned Preventative Pest control - they are awesome too. When we move back to TW, I'll just pick right back up with you guys!"Elisabeth S.
"Most amazing company in the world! If you are going through reviews wondering if you should consider this company for Services or employment...DO IT! The owner Jeremy always invest time and money into his company’s employees, marketing, research, training...EVERYTHING! The branch manager Jonny and all the other mangers are lovely people to work with. Ive had the chance the see everything from behind the scenes and they are awesome! I’d recommend them to anyone any day. Give them a call pronto if your need a reliable company for pest control SERIOUSLY! (P.S not being paid for this , just expressing my personal experience)"Anastasia S.
"Thank you Paul and Justice for your patience with our 50 questions : ) Very Polite and educated on the issue at hand. I am beyond terrified of anything that creeps and crawls especially in my attic. You were both calm, cool, and collective while I was ready to bolt out my front door. Lol Thanks for helping our family keep the raccoons from causing anymore destruction."H&P
"It was a great experience having preventive pest control come out. They were very thorough and answered all of my questions! The customer service was outstanding. And the price was very reasonable. I definitely 100% recommend them!"L.R.H.
"Cordell was great and patient with answering all of my questions and giving me and my family time to decide on which service, if any, to purchase. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs pest removal in the Houston area."Virginia O.
"The staff at preventive pest control are always professional and make sure to listen and respond quickly to any and all questions and issues we see. I would recommend them to everyone!"Shannon T.
"Jonathan the technician came out did our first service. He explained everything he was going to do and what it was supposed to do and asked if we had any particular questions. It was one of the best services we had ever had from a pest control company in regards to the technician, I would recommend preventative pest control and Jonathan to anyone"David J.
"We have been using preventive pest control for years! Back when Harvey hit, we had a pest problem roaches and rats. They knocked them out quick. They listen to you. They give feedback and what solution would be for your home. Totally recommend"Surgical Tech
I have been using Preventive Pest for almost 5 years now. They’re extremely responsive, always on time, and have great techs. Joe has come out to the house many times and is always friendly and thorough!"Rachael W.
"We’ve been a customer for seven years now, never had an issue! Even if they’re only doing an exterior service, they are thorough. They greet me at the start and return at the end to let me know of any concerns they might have seen! I highly recommend them!"Angela D.
"I'm giving this five stars, for two reasons; 1. The staff you speak to on the phone are incredibly polite! If you have a problem, they will listen and do their 100% best to solve it. 2. When I had my initial service done, I felt, at the time, that it was not to my expectations. Immediately I called the customer service folks. The very next day they sent out a manager to come fix any concerns I had. I recommend this company because their prices are low and their service is excellent."John A.