Houston Mosquito Control
Reputable Insect & Bug Exterminator in Greater Houston
Spring, summer, and early fall in Texas are notorious for a lot of things. Heat and humidity might be the first things that come to mind, but often included with these factors are an influx of mosquitoes. Mosquitoes come in a wide variety of different types, sizes, and populations, and yet it seems like no matter what you do, they’re constantly invading your property and potentially even sneaking their way into your home. At Preventive Pest Control, we take pride in being Houston’s leading name in mosquito control, and offer high-quality, effective, and creative solutions that keep you, your loved ones, and your home protected and safe.
Did The Texas Freeze Kill All The Mosquitos?
Preventive Pest Control takes your mosquito problem seriously, and we offer a wide range of solutions that we can tailor to specifically your needs. We know how dangerous an unchecked mosquito population can be, and we offer a wide range of solutions designed to stop the biting, keep the bugs at bay, and let you reclaim your property for yourself. Whether your home has an issue or your business needs help, Preventive Pest Control can be counted on to handle your problem effectively. We understand mosquitoes, and we use the latest methods and techniques to curtail the issue and help keep it at bay through even the peak of the mosquito season.
Tired of your mosquito problem? Preventive Pest Control can help! Give us a call at (713) 955-7405 now and schedule your mosquito control in Houston or surrounding areas .
Signs You Need A Mosquito Exterminator
1. Visible signs of nesting - Mosquitos require standing water in order to lay their eggs so watch out. If you have any water gardens or even dirty gutters, then it might be time to call in our mosquito exterminator to take a look around your property for visible signs of nesting.
2. That dreaded buzzing sound - We've all been there before, you're about to fall asleep and then you hear something buzzing in your ear and you spring up wide awake. Mosquitos buzz while they fly and they fly fairly slowly, so while you might be able to catch one, it's likely there are more near by to call in our mosquito control experts.
3. Mosquito bites - The absolute worst thing about mosquitos are the itchy bites they leave behind. Not only can they spread diseases, but they're a nuisance so call in our Houston mosquito exterminator to inspect your property and rid you of these pesky pests!
4. Daytime sightings - Mosquitos are particularly active around dusk, dawn and night time as they don't like direct sunlight. So if you see them during the day then call in our Houston mosquito control specialists because it means your circumstances are particularly extreme.
Why Does Houston Have Such a Huge Mosquito Problem?
Mosquitoes are so common in the Houston area particularly because our climate is essentially perfect for them to flourish. Our sub-tropical location means that during spring and summer months, these bugs have the heat and humidity they need to not just survive, but to thrive. Populations tend to explode around the time of the first major heatwave of the year, and these bugs tend to stay around until the weather starts to cool for good.
We can treat your home for all types of mosquitoes, including:
- The Aedes Aegyptii: A small species of mosquito that is the primary carrier of the Zika virus
- The Asian Tiger Mosquito: These mosquitoes are primarily active in the evening hours, and thrive on standing water. They contribute to the spread of diseases including West Nile virus, dengue fever, and yellow fever.
- The Culex Pipiens: These mosquitoes are strongly attracted to sugar sources, and females feed on the blood of birds and humans to develop eggs. They spread meningitis, encephalitis, and other diseases commonly associated with birds.
- The Anopheles Quadrimaculatus: Outbreaks of malaria are frequently attributed to these bloodsuckers, as well as cases of canine heartworms.
How To Prevent The Need For Mosquito Control
1. Trim hedges and bushes - Since mosquitos thrive in shady areas and are susceptible to sunlight, you should minimize shade in your yard in order to prevent the need for mosquito control.
2. Consider a dehumidifier - Since mosquitos thrive in moist conditions, dehumidifiers can be great in order to keep your humidity at a level that mosquitos can't survive in.
3. Treat standing water you can't get rid of - You should always be wary of an empty bucket full of rain water, but for your swimming pools and other bodies of standing water you should make sure there's chlorine or minnows in your water garden that will eat the eggs and prevent the need for our Houston mosquito control experts.
4. Use fans and air movement to throw them off - If you're hosting an event of people, it's a good idea to set up blower fans at ankle level and your ceiling fans. Since mosquitos are so light, they'll blow away easily and avoid places that restrict their movement.
5. Clean out your gutters - If your gutters haven't been cleaned lately, you should be worried about leaves and standing water that isn't draining properly because it will leave the perfect breeding ground that could require mosquito control.
Mosquito Growth Factors
What can cause mosquito populations to explode and grow rapidly? There are several factors. First, depending on the species of mosquito, there needs to be a source of moisture. In some cases, this moisture needs to be something like blood that females can consume to help lay eggs. More often than not, they lay their eggs in standing water, making lakes, ponds, unkempt swimming pools, and even puddles breeding grounds for mosquito populations. Our crew can help you locate any of these mosquito hotspots on your property and suggest methods to help eliminate them.
Finally, mosquitoes also need a food source to keep them alive, and that’s where humans and animals come in. This is one of the reasons why mosquitoes will so often live close to homes, businesses, and other buildings where people frequently are. Spraying these areas with mosquito control chemicals can help keep mosquitoes away and prevent you from having to suffer from painfully itchy bites just from walking outside.
If you’re tired of your mosquito problem, reach out to the experts at Preventive Pest Control and our Houston mosquito control team will help you come up with the solution you need!
More Information on Mosquitoes:
$69 Initial Service Special Online only. With the purchase of a regular pest control service. Cannot be combined with any other offersValid from Mar 23, 2022 - Dec 31, 2022
$59 Initial Mosquito Service Does not include mosquito misting systemsValid from Apr 18, 2022 - Nov 30, 2022
Free Termite InspectionValid from Apr 28, 2020 - Dec 31, 2022
Free Rodent Attic and Entry Point Inspection Cannot be combined with any other offersValid from Sep 28, 2020 - Dec 31, 2022
15% Off Fire Ant Treatment Cannot be combined with any other offersValid from Apr 28, 2020 - Dec 31, 2022
$125 German Cockroach Clean OutValid from Apr 28, 2020 - Dec 31, 2022
I knew I had made the right choice- Myranda G.
They give feedback and what solution would be for your home. Totally recommend- Surgical Tech
Thanks for helping our family keep the raccoons from causing anymore destruction.- H&P
Most amazing company in the world!- Anastasia S.
I highly recommend them!- Angela D.