This may seem like a silly question but there is some merit to it. Is it actually worth your while to have a population of buzzing bugs that have painful stings to them? Well, the answer is, on occasion, yes. Wasps actually help keep the population of other unwanted and harmful pests down, including mosquitoes, flies, spiders, or other smaller insects. That being said, wasps are intimidating, and certain aggressive species need to be properly dealt with.
We help with all types of wasps common to Houston, including:
- Paper wasps: The most harmful species of wasp common to the Houston area. Stings are extremely painful, and they are known to attack viciously when something or someone threatens their nest.
- Bald-faced hornets: These wasps are generally extremely large, are highly-common to the Houston area, and are known for being particularly aggressive.
- Southern Yellowjackets: The sting from a southern yellowjacket may not be as painful as one from a paper wasp, but they are even more unafraid to use it. Southern yellowjackets are extremely aggressive, and will not hesitate to send a swarm of workers to sting threatening people or animals repeatedly and frequently to ward them off.
- Mud daubers: Mud daubers are not particularly harmful to humans. In fact, they are not known for being particularly aggressive to humans unless you aggravate them through capture or harm. However, they do have a pestering downside: they build a huge collection of big, ugly dirt and mud nests virtually anywhere that is dry and somewhat protected.
Are wasps running out of control on your property? Are you sick of the fear of being stung? Call Preventive Pest Control at (713) 955-7405 today.
We have been faithful customer's for many years in 2 different homes in The Woodlands. The guys were always professional and left service cards at the door. When we moved to the last home in 2014, we had a major cutter ant issue!! They appeared out of nowhere and were destroying everything in sight! I called the office in a panic and the gal got someone out the very next day. He not only took care of all the beds, he followed the ant trail all the way to the back of the preserve and knocked those suckers out! We now live in Denver, Colorado. I was so pleased to find a locally owned Preventative Pest control - they are awesome too. When we move back to TW, I'll just pick right back up with you guys!Elisabeth S.
Wasps, much like bees, are a potentially life-threatening problem on some properties. Being allergic to a bee sting means even a single small sting could put someone’s life in jeopardy, and that means a potentially aggressive wasp nest could be incredibly dangerous. When you spot signs of a wasp colony accumulating on your property, it’s best to have it taken care of right away by a professional Houston exterminator in order to protect your loved ones and any others who may come to visit.
How Can I Prevent Wasps From Invading My Home?
Preventing wasps from invading your home in Houston involves taking proactive measures to make your living space less attractive to them. Here are some tips to help you keep wasps at bay:
- Seal Entry Points: Inspect your home for any gaps or cracks in doors, windows, and walls. Seal these entry points to prevent wasps from getting inside.
- Maintain Proper Seals: Ensure that doors and windows have proper seals. Replace weather stripping as needed to eliminate gaps.
Keep Food and Garbage Secure: Wasps are attracted to food sources.
- Keep food tightly sealed, especially sugary items, and clean up spills promptly. Make sure outdoor trash cans have tight-fitting lids, and keep them clean to avoid attracting wasps.
If you’ve got a wasp problem, don’t hesitate to contact Preventive Pest Control and let us start treating the issue right away!