There are dozens, even hundreds of varieties of spider that are native to the Houston area, and that means your spider infestation will be completely different from the one that someone else is dealing with. In some cases, your infestation might be made up of a mix of different varieties of spiders, while in other cases you may be dealing with a huge colony of one particular species of spider.
We help with a wide variety of different types of spiders, including:
- Grass spiders: Small spiders that weave distinctive webs in grass and lawns.
- Orb weaver spiders: Somewhat larger spiders with a distinctive yellow, orange, or white pattern on their otherwise black abdomen. Generally harmless to humans.
- Woodlouse hunter spiders: Spiders that have a distinct shiny brown abdomen and a dark red head and midsection.
- Wolf spiders: Generally larger spiders with a body that can approach one inch in length (not including their legs. They generally hunt insects along the ground, so they don’t often spin webs.
- Black widows: A venomous spider with a trademark red mark located on the underside of the abdomen. Female bites can be very painful and harmful to humans.
- Brown recluse spiders: A brown long-legged spider about the size of a penny that packs a nasty bite. While it may not be immediately harmful, they can be dangerous to humans and pets.
- Long-bodied cellar spider: Also known by it’s more common name, the “daddy-long-legs,” these spiders are generally harmless to humans, but do have an intimidating appearance. They are venomous, but they are generally incapable of actually biting most humans.
If you have a spider problem that you’re tired of dealing with, reach out to the experts at Preventive Pest Control! Dial (713) 955-7405 to request an initial treatment or inspection service.
We have been faithful customer's for many years in 2 different homes in The Woodlands. The guys were always professional and left service cards at the door. When we moved to the last home in 2014, we had a major cutter ant issue!! They appeared out of nowhere and were destroying everything in sight! I called the office in a panic and the gal got someone out the very next day. He not only took care of all the beds, he followed the ant trail all the way to the back of the preserve and knocked those suckers out! We now live in Denver, Colorado. I was so pleased to find a locally owned Preventative Pest control - they are awesome too. When we move back to TW, I'll just pick right back up with you guys!Elisabeth S.
Here at Preventive Pest Control, we understand that sometimes you need immediate and reactive pest control solutions. However, we also understand that the only way to truly keep your spider problem under wraps is through repeated preventive treatment. We offer treatment plans designed around your spider problems and that are designed to keep your issue away.
We’re extremely proud to be Houston’s spider experts! Contact Preventive Pest Control today to get started.